Most Negotiable Santa Clarita real estate listings Real Estate
These are homes which are for sale and have been for the longest time in the Santa Clarita real estate market.
I included all of the longest listed homes and real estate for sale in Canyon Country, Castaic, Saugus, Stevenson Ranch, Newhall, Valencia, Stevenson Ranch, Acton, Agua Dulce and Val Verde Park.
At the time of this posting, I’m looking at homes which have been listed for over 800 days in some cases. What is the issue with these homes? Why are these homes not selling? What strategy do I suggest when approaching them?
First things first. If a home is priced right in a seller’s real estate market, it will sell within hours. If the market is in the buyer’s venue, then that listing selling will depending on it’s competition within the local housing market. If there are several of the “same homes” listed for sale, that gives the home buyers a lot to choose from and it will take longer to sell each of them. I remember back in the late 1990’s – when I was first licensed – 6-8 months was a typical timeframe that it took to sell residential real estate.
Some of these homes, which have been listed for a long time, may have been those which were distressed in nature. One type that comes to mind is a short sale where the bank is not responding to the agent and the offers which were received. It could be, with this type of short sale, the home seller is not giving what they need to keep the bank moving with any previous offers received. Short sales could be on the market for the purpose of getting the short sale seller more time in the property without paying rent, (very unethical), delaying the foreclosure process.
Sometimes, real estate listings fall out of escrow for one reason or another. Most times it does not have anything to do with any discoveries regarding the seller’s home and the inspection processes. Typical reasons for a home falling out of escrow can be the case of when a home buyer changes their mind and wants to write an offer on a different home. It could be that the home buyer lost their ability to obtain financing. In some cases it is an issue that arises between a home buyer and a home seller and either party not being negotiable and playing “emotional” hard ball. If a listing has been listed longer than the average Days on Market Timeframes, it could be this listing was in escrow and fell from escrow during previous contracts.
Now that you know some of the reasons why a home has a considerable amount of time on the market, we can start a plan of attack. Of course, after my investigations about the “why” the long time on the market with the party representing the home/condo/townhome seller.
I have only included the “residential” real estate in Santa Clarita Valley on this page that has the time on market from longest to shortest.
By the way, here are two more reasons why a home may take longer to sell. First, the home maybe located in an area where a non-majority of home buyers are looking (far from the city, in the sticks, way out east). Second, it maybe the home is in a price range which, by it’s nature, takes longer to sell – such as homes priced in the Santa Clarita Valley over 2 million dollars.
- All Southern California Cities
- Santa Clarita Rentals and Leases
- Sold homes in Valencia CA
- Active Santa Clarita Valley Residential listings only
- Most Negotiable Santa Clarita real estate listings
- Homes priced over 1 million dollars in Santa Clarita Valley
- Santa Clarita Homes for sale priced highest to lowest
- Santa Clarita real estate Gated Homes with pools
- Gated Home and real estate listings in Southern California
- Santa Clarita Pool Homes for Sale
- Commuting to Los Angeles from Santa Clarita Valley
- Local Santa Clarita Business Reviews on Yelp
- Valencia Summit in Santa Clarita Valley CA (VSUM)
- Santa Clarita – All Property Types
- Santa Clarita Valley Luxury Homes
- Stevenson Ranch
- Valencia Floorplans in Santa Clarita Valley
- Santa Clarita and Valencia Paseo and Trail System for bicyclists, runners and walkers
- Canyon Country
- Agua Dulce
- Granada Hills
- Sherman Oaks
- Studio City
- San Fernando
- West Hills
- Beverly Hills
- Bel Air
- Pacific Palisades
- La Canada
- Simi Valley
- Los Angeles County homes for sale
- Orange County homes for sale
- Ventura County homes for sale
- Riverside County homes for sale
- San Bernardino County homes for sale