Currently, there is a large group of Santa Clarita real estate buyers who want some of the same things in a home.
Those of you that are “holding off” for the right time to list their home, this intel may be valuable to you. The neighboring real estate markets around the Santa Clarita Valley Cities are similar in buyer drive with sellers “waiting” for the “right time” to list their homes.
Here are the top requests from the California Association of Realtors. I can vouch to these being accurate of our current home buyers for Santa Clarita real estate.
What current Santa Clarita Home buyers want
- A 3 Bedroom Home 44% – Almost half of the home buyers currently looking to purchase a Santa Clarita home is looking for the home to have 3 bedrooms.
- At least 2 Bathrooms – 93% of current home buyers are looking for at least 2 bathrooms. Some will trade full bathrooms for partial. As long as the master bedroom has a complete and full bathroom. Including a bathtub, Shower, and sink. Of course, double sinks, large oval and deep tubs with separate showers are a bonus.
- If you are a senior – 55+ in age – 28% are looking for a single story residence. Going upstairs on a two-story is not appealing to most of our older clients. Especially those who worked motors for the police.
- If you are a millennial – you are looking for homes that fulfill family needs. You are also interested in Colonial and Contemporary style homes.
- Stability – this desire in a home crosses all age and gender gaps. All of us want Stability in real estate, especially in regard to the home we are buying and will be living in.
These types of residences are available for purchase in the Santa Clarita Valley Cities. All that you have to do is team up with a local SCV real estate expert to decide which area will be the best fit for your personal needs.
Maybe you are one that likes more of a remote location. Santa Clarita homes that are not on top of one another. Maybe a lot with some privacy is needed. Something with some sort of restricted access, like a, maintained gated and guard equipped community? We have Gated Communities and residences therein starting in the high $500,000.00’s.
Some of you want to buy a home with a high walk score. You are one that likes to get out and about. As far as you are concerned, the home is for sleeping. The rest of your day you are active out in the world making it happen. We have some very attractive areas for those who fit your lifestyle. I would be able to find you homes fitting that criteria within our condos, townhomes and single-family residences with high walk scores in the Santa Clarita Valley cities.
Others are looking for active neighborhoods. Who else but a real estate expert in the Santa Clarita Valley would know where those neighborhoods are. If you are looking for those neighborhoods that celebrate the holidays by “overdoing” the exterior of their homes with decorations, I know which ones those are. I can set up a custom search so you see the newest listings that fit your criteria as soon as they hit the real estate market in Santa Clarita.
I’m Connor MacIvor. Being able to search for real estate and homes is a real benefit of using a local realtor that has the best access. Please reach out to me when you are ready to speak with me about developing a game plan to be applied to your real estate goals and desires.