Good Day Everyone, I’m Connor MacIvor, the host – your host 🙂 – of Santa Clarita’s Longest running and “known” real estate radio show. We get into what you want to hear about how that relates to the local real estate markets.
We cover the local cities and some others in and around of Los Angeles that we are “very active” within when it comes to real estate representation.
Today’s real estate radio show is going to be our Foreclosure and Hump Day real estate update for the local Distressed real estate inventory.
Included in our weekly distressed housing discussion will be the local Foreclosures, how to find them and other ways to get help or take advantage of the distressed inventory.
During this past week, we have had two wonderfully successful real estate shows. We have been simulcasting on our YouTube channel for Santa Clarita real estate.
View our Market Update Monday’s Show
Check out our Travel Tuesdays Broadcast
Resource – View our YouTube channel for Santa Clarita real estate – We have over 1400 videos about real estate.
Resource – Real Estate Radio Show
In the News:
Are you a millennial? Is your Age between 19 and 35? Inman said to get your attention to equate real estate to sex. Now that I have your attention here are a couple of great tips that I was able to glean from the article.
Tip 1 for the millennial – Real Estate, overall, has an awesome return of investment. It’s a good bet that if you were to focus your money on buying homes – when you are ready to “retire” you would have quite a nice amount of equity.
Tip 2 for the millennial – No matter who you are hiring, you are going to have to break down and sit with them face to face. Never hire anyone online without meeting with them before signing on the line which is dotted. Never!
You will be able to gather a lot of “non verbal” signals about the professional you are about to entrust with hundreds of thousands of your dollars – that are being backed by your name and reputation.
Plus – you will see their real brick and mortar offices, just in case you need to take enforcement action in the future 🙂
As far as the local numbers of real estate inventory – this is where the SCV Cities have progressed during the past 7 days in real estate:
- My Team is currently tracking 85 new real estate listings that have hit the market in the SCV cities. (more information – type in the word: new – into the MacBoX at Paris911.com)
- 45 real estate listings have had their prices changed. On Friday we will get into whether those numbers were increases in sales price or reductions. If you can’t wait – go to Paris911.com and type in the words: price changes – into the macBoX at the top of the page to view the latest price changes in Santa Clarita.
- 31 real estate listings in Santa Clarita fell out of escrow – they are now for sale again.
- 27 Santa Clarita properties entered escrow in backup status with executed contracts between buyers and sellers.
- 44 real estate listings in the Santa Clarita Valley Cities did not sell during their contractual time frames and expired.
- 16 real estate listings in SCV were entered, within the Multiple listing service, into the pending category.
- 72 real estate and homes closed escrow during the past week with new owners!
The Real Numbers in SCV Homes for Sale:
Some will tell you there are more real estate listings for sale than there really are.
Some will show you real estate listings that appear to be for sale, but are not.
And some will show you homes that are for sale for $1, just to get you to give up who you are so your personal and private information is able to be sold for their profit.
These are the actual real estate numbers for the Santa Clarita Valley as of 0428hrs (4:28am):
- Santa Clarita Cities have 554 real estate listings that are Active and For Sale right Now!
- We have a total of 736 homes, condos and townhomes that are in both the Active and Backup categories.
- 182 real estate listings are in the real estate category of Back Up Position. (more info type in the word: backup – into the MacBoX at Paris911.com)
- 158 real estate listings are in the pending real estate category. (more info type in the word: pending – into the MacBoX at Paris911.com)
These are the “True” numbers for Santa Clarita real estate as of 0428 am!
Today’s Radio Show – Foreclosures
Those properties are active as of the time of the publication of Today’s Foreclosure Show.
Here is the way those properties would work if you want to see them – I have the Foreclosures Broken down by “status” – Active, Back up and Pending.
It’s Simple, reach out to my Team, or me and we will schedule a showing, write the offer and get you the property.
Currently we are tracking the following distressed real estate inventory. Most of the numbers are “off market” properties. “Off market”, in this case, means that they are not currently listed for sale. However, there is a good chance they will be in the near future. Also, someone that is aggressive maybe able to procure one of these properties before it hits the market for sale.
Distressed Numbers Today (Santa Clarita):
Resource – Search the “off market” foreclosure, bank owned, pre foreclosure and Auction listings with our Foreclosure Radar Engine.
- In Santa Clarita my Team is currently tracking 287 distressed real estate listings
- These are broken down by 112 being pre foreclosure in nature. A Notice of Default has been filed and the court notified that the owner has not made a payment in quite some time.
- 76 of the distressed Santa Clarita real estate is headed to the auction block. Most likely in Norwalk.
- 79 of these real estate listings are bank owned inventory. They all carry the potential or ability to have a Licensed Realtor contact the financial institution and set it up so you can buy one.
Of course, there are more specific numbers within in the individual Cities of the Santa Clarita Valley. This is the “overall picture” but leaves out Stevenson Ranch.
Distressed Numbers Today (Stevenson Ranch):
- Stevenson Ranch has a total of 30 distressed real estate listings
- 18 of those listings are pre foreclosure in nature – having Notice of Defaults filed on them.
- 4 of the real estate listings in Stevenson Ranch are headed to the auction.
- 7 are Bank Owned inventory.
- 1 of the Stevenson Ranch homes was sold to a third at a trustee’s sale.
Email Question of the Day:
Sure you can Rob – but buying a home at auction takes a lot of preparation.
Example – Homes sold at Auction are all Cash Transactions. You need to show up with a Cashiers Check in hand. That shows the court what you are worth at the time of the auction. That will be your maximum allowable bid amount.
It’s not unusual to have people show up with multiple checks – each with an assigned property. The person that is doing the bidding in the “bidder” the one doing the research on the phone I call the “connector” and the one driving the properties, if they have not done good prep work before, is the “runner”.
It’s not uncommon to be let down at the auction. Doing all of the research on a property only to have it not hit the actual auction block on the day they said it would.
Some of the prep work with bidding at homes at auction include, checking for liens, checking occupancy, checking any past due HOA fees, checking property taxes, getting an estimate of market value and researching the properties condition.
Real Estate Tip of the Day:
Never take for granted they are who they are over social media or over the phone or email!
A real “established” office would be nice – One that is local is better. Being able to find them if things go sideways is convenient.
Upcoming Show – Tomorrow:
Truth in Lending Thursdays – we are going to speak about that fancy new 3% home loan that is being offered by Fannie and Freddie.