It involves many moving parts and the first best step is always preparation of a home, condo or townhome for sale.
Here is our Latest Entry in the top 10 Seller Mistakes with regard to preparing a home for sale.
Brought to us by our “mothership”, the RE/MAX Corporation and Brokerage.
Here is the breakdown.
Selling can be very time time consuming and challenging.
Strangers will look inside of your cabinets and inside of places that you may have forgotten to “spruce up”.
Heck, a buyer may even offer you less than what you have your home listed for, the “nerve”. 🙂
Here are the Top 10 Real Estate sellers mistakes when preparing their home for sale:
- Neglecting Repairs or Maintenance – a Qualified agent can best advise
- Not Depersonalizing – buyers need to see themselves living in your home
- Not removing odors – smoke, pets and strong cooking odors
- Refusing to disconnect emotionally – it should be business and not emotional, it should be financial only!
- Spot cleaning instead of making your home Q-tip clean. It should sparkle.
- Not showing a rooms property function. Bedrooms converted to offices etc.
- Not having enough light – poorly lit rooms can be a turn off for most buyers
- Not investing money in updating the house – buyers are willing to spend the extra money for a move in condition home
- Ignoring professional advice – look to a Realtor Expert and abide by their advice
- Listing Before staging and renovations have been completed – Most buyers will view your home within the first two weeks of the listing time.
We will come into your Santa Clarita Home or within a home within the Greater Los Angeles areas in which my REMAX Team serves and best advise you on what you need to do to prepare your home from “For sale to Sold”.
Be safe – thanks for watching and let my Team know when you are ready to MOVE!
Remember not all REMAX of Valencia CA Teams are created equal. Ask for ours by name, We are the Paris911 Team.