When it comes to buying Santa Clarita real estate being prepared is an important first step. Time and time again it has been mentioned that getting pre-qualified for a mortgage is an important precursor to buying a Santa Clarita home, but heading into a loan officer’s office prepared is equally important. Having your financial information readily available for a lender to examine will make the entire process of qualifying for a loan more fruitful.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Have your tax statements from the prior two or three years available.
- Know your credit score and clean up any issues that may be on it before applying for a loan.
- Have proof of employment and pay stubs or salary information ready to show a lender.
- Know what you have in terms of outstanding debts, including car loans, student loans, credit card debts and whatever else you may owe.
- Know what you have saved in savings accounts, IRA, 401, stocks, etc.
An experienced Santa Clarita Realtor can direct you to a qualified mortgage lender, but having your information readily available is key to getting a loan started. The more prepared you are the easier the entire process will be. Contact us today to get started on the process of buying Santa Clarita real estate, we can help direct you to a lender and fill you in on the process of buying a home.
Contact us at Remax Santa Clarita today to learn more about Santa Clarita real estate, as well as to have free access to the Santa Clarita MLS and all Santa Clarita properties that are currently listed for sale.