Today we had Mike Meena from Augusta Financial, a local Mortgage Broker with different location – the HQ for Mike is in the Santa Clarita Valley.
He joined us on our radio show and talked about lending, investing in real estate, his past with his first home purchase and where you should call to do a re-fi.
Our Radio Show is supported 100% by The Paris911 Team at REMAX – which is ours. We don’t accept donations or allow for advertising on our Santa Clarita business blog. Many have asked – but none have been allowed.
We wanted to do this for our Real Estate vendors and the business owners in the Santa Clarita Valley. The cost to come onto the show is your first born 🙂 – actually, we have two of those and it would not be fair to limit your experience having them grow up by making that the cost to come onto the Santa Clarita radio show. Therefore, we have decided to make it free.
Here is the Santa Clarita radio show 12042012
Presenting Mike Meena with Augusta Financial:
Radio Show Notes Connor MacIvor interviewing Mike Meena:
- Mike Meena with Augusta financial
- Loan aspect – how do I purchase an investment property
- We are the hunters and searchers – but where is the money
- Interest Rates – are they going lower
- Walmart heading into the loan industry
- Fannie and freddie are putting the foreclosures on hold
- debt forgiveness act did not make it yet – but I think it will
- Add 1 year onto the debt forgiveness act for short sale sellers
- Stand by – warm Santa Clarita business blog welcome
- Most experienced lender in the Santa Clarita Valley
- Only one number one. I want to start investing in real estate
- How to invest with Zero Down – I want fast cars and fast women
- Fraud? 20-25% down on any investment property – better rate
- Move from one property to another – have to owner occupy for 1 year
- FHA loan – will work – as long as you are moving in to that property
- 12 month contract to live in the property before selling, moving or renting
- GREAT time to buy investment properties – send an email to all past clients
- 1989 paid 203k – 9.75 – interest rate – Today 350k – 3.32% interest rate – minus 17 bucks a month.
- What a great time to investment in property – are they going to drop under 3%
- He was close – Might interest rates get close of under 3% – they could be into the 2’s
- New tax laws – all the changes with the fiscal cliff we are going to fall off of
- Moving business to Nevada – they don’t want to pay 13 to 14% state tax – Nevada does not charge that
- 51% of the time – live in Nevada – a lot of businesses are going to tear down to 50 employees
- The consumer is going to have to pay for Obama Care
- Struggle for the next 2-3 years – the more the economy struggles – the lower the interest rate
- Mortgage interest write off – cutting it in half
- 500k or more will not be tax deductible – it is currently 1M and 200k for the second
- planning some other changes – my gosh – what are they doing
- FHA, property mortgage insurance is wanting to be changed again – FHA continuing
- We are going to raise the Mortgage insurance to 1.75 – latest in the FHA
- FHA has proposed they are not going to stop the PMI when they get to 75% of appraised value
- Conventional and FHA loans are two different things – I can tell you it is a interesting scenario
- All of a sudden – PMI – audios – but if they REFI – PMI will be there for life
- Conventional loans with 3% down with GREAT credit – Reserves –
- VA is GREAT – BEST loan going – hard to buy a home with VA – low down payment is hard to get the offer accepted
- meeting the sellers and attempting to get the offer accepted
- 30 offers – nothing accepted – can we go FHA
- Agents don’t understand the dynamics of VA – Put that loan on the 45 day side
- No VA closing at 30 or less – for the most part
- conventional at 3-5% down – another layer of underwriting – additional time
- Re-finance – who should you go to. Under perception to go back to their main lender.
- How many clients – this guy who their talking to is a bank customer service person
- How can I get a lower interest rate – start missing payment
- Don’t Do It – bad advice – be careful and don’t shut the doors when wanting to find a lender.