During the week, we have several shows we do which are all related to real estate. Each one has a specific focus, but all include distinct real estate elements reference the current levels of inventory and absorption rates.
Mondays – Market update mondays at realtor.paris911.com
Tuesdays – Travel Tuesdays Broadcast hosted at relocation.paris911.com
Wednesdays – Foreclosure Update hosted at foreclosures.paris911.com
Thursdays – Truth in Lending – hosted at SantaClaritalending.com
Friday – Friday Finale Broadcast – hosted at SantaClaritaHousingMarket.com
Sold Saturdays Broadcast – hosted here, at SantaClaritaRealEstateMarket.com
Open House Sundays broadcast – hosted at SantaClaritaOpenHouses.com
Good Day everyone, I’m Connor MacIvor, your host of the Longest Running Real Estate radio show for the Santa Clarita Valley. Where “longest running” does not always mean the best 🙂
Today is our Sold Saturdays Broadcast, where I get into the local real estate inventory as it relates to the sold properties that had closed in the past 7 days within the Santa Clarita Valley Cities.
Currently we are monitoring Acton, Agua Dulce, Castaic, Canyon Country, Newhall, Stevenson Ranch, Saugus and Valencia. As we do every day of every week 🙂
Current Inventory Levels for SCV Housing:
Currently there are 556 total active real estate listings for sale in the Santa Clarita Valley cities.
These include all homes, condos and townhomes that are currently in the “active” status re: for sale inventory.
We are also monitoring 248 residential real estate listings in the Santa Clarita Valley Cities that are in back up position within escrow.
181 residences are within the pending status, also in escrow, but these listings(in theory), don’t want any further viewings nor offers written on them.
The 7 Day View of Santa Clarita Realty:
The breakdown of the 7 day view in Santa Clarita Housing is as follows:
- 81 new real estate listings have hit the Santa Clarita Market for sale during the past 7 days. If you want to view these – type in the word “NEW” into the MaCboX at the top of the Paris911.com home page.
- 56 real estate listings in Santa Clarita Valley have had their prices changed during the past week. We just concluded our Friday Finale Broadcast yesterday where we spoke about the SCV price changes – have a listen to that one!
- 26 homes that were for sale, then entered into escrow, are available for sale once again. This is due to someone cancelling the “deal” and not wanting to move forward with the sale, or purchase.
- 64 homes in the SCV Cities entered into escrow, however – these sellers would appreciate additional offers on their homes they are selling. So hence “back up”.
- 6 homes expired after not selling within contractual guidelines in the Santa Clarita Valley. This trend is something we are seeing more of. Make sure you contact us when you are ready to sell your home so you know where your “right” price point is for your best advantage.
- 52 homes went pending – they are in escrow – really deep. The sellers don’t want any further viewings and are confident that the offer they have accepted is going to be the one that goes all of the way.
- 48 real estate listings sold – and that is what we are going to talk about today on our Sold Saturdays real estate radio show.
Email Question of the Day:
“We just found out after buying our home two years ago that the sellers were dishonest on their disclosures! What do we do now?” –Eric and Yvette
There is a big difference between a mistake and dishonesty.
If it has to do with a month time frame difference – that could be potentially viewed as a mistake.
However, if you have an issue with mold or something that may have come from a flood or pipe bursting, and the seller did not say anything about it on the disclosures, and you have proof it did happen and the sellers were aware, that is a whole different animal.
First step – contact your Realtor and lay it out to them. Get their guidance. However, if it is unable to be taken care of in the way you deem fit, you may have to attorney up.
Ask your realtor about a good Real Estate attorney that understands the subtle nuances about real estate law.
Tip of the Day: Once you discover something that appears to be against what the sellers have disclosed – make sure you start your journal. Write everything down as you understand it and start to develop a timeline.
Sold Saturdays – what’s happening with Sales Prices:
If you notice, these sales types are all across the board.
We see that Santa Clarita short sales have sold in the past 7 days.
We also have been monitoring the standard sales, which are of the equity type that have closed escrow in the past 7 days within the Santa Clarita Valley Cities.
If you pay close attention to the picture of the sold real estate inventory in the SCV Cities, you will see that within the 48 real estate listings that have successfully closed escrow, not all did so for their sales price.
That is what our sold Saturdays broadcast is all about.
What is happening to the local listings and where are the homes selling at?
11 real estate listings in Santa Clarita Valley sold for more than their sales price – indicated by the up green arrow!
29 real estate listings, in Santa Clarita Valley, sold for less than their listing price, indicated by the red “down” arrow!]
7 Santa Clarita residential real estate listings sold on market, at exactly what the homes had been priced for. Indicated by the blank space where the “arrow” is typically placed.
These market happenings are nothing of a new trend. Once the Santa Clarita real estate market started to stabilize, we have seen sellers trying to adjust with the new pricing trends in the local Santa Clarita Valley Cities.
Some are convinced they don’t have enough equity to sell their home, but they do!
Some are certain that their residential real estate is worth more than it is, and it’s not!
The best way to know what your home and real estate is “really” worth is to contact a local Realtors, which we are.
Tomorrows Open House Sunday’s Real Estate Show
For shame, on our Open House Sunday’s real estate radio show for the Santa Clarita Valley cities, we talk about any “scammers” in our midst with relation to hosting open houses at homes that are not available.
Yes, it happens and we will be giving you the intel first hand tomorrow.
We will also be host up our newest article at our Santa Clarita Open Houses Website for you to view.
Thanks for taking the time to listen to our daily Broadcast and our Sold Saturdays real estate radio show.
We hope to be of service and make sure you reach out to us when you are ready for our assistance.
I’m Connor MacIvor and I’m glad to be of service.