- How much is this market going to decline further
- How long are interest rates going to stay low
How about this:
“The Southland Regional Association of REALTORS® is currently offering grants to qualified first-time homebuyers who are Public Safety Responders, have a low to moderate income-level, and purchase a home within the San Fernando or Santa Clarita Valley. The amount of each grant will be $4,000 and will only be paid to qualified applicants after the close of escrow. Repayment of grant is not required.”
With in our Niche – is all Law Enforcement Officials and other Public Servants. That is our background and it is dealing with “family” as far as Paris and I are concerned.
There are several ways to get started with this program. You are going to want to have your status “approved” by the local Board of Realtors – Give us a call to start that process.
You are going to have to meet certain earning requirements:
- Applicant must be a first-time homebuyer, as defined by the State of California.
- Applicant must use a REALTOR® member of the Southland Regional Association of REALTORS® (SRAR) in the purchase of their home through the close of escrow.
- Applicant must be an employee of a fire department, police department, or paramedic unit within the city of Los Angeles, Santa Clarita or San Fernando, or the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and must provide evidence of such employment.
- Applicant must not exceed the following income limitations:
1-2 Household Members 3 or more Household Members $95,160 $111,020
- Applicant must attend the Los Angeles Neighborhood Housing Services’ (LANHS) First-Time Homebuyer seminar and must prove the successful completion of the seminar with the certificate provided by LANHS 3926 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90010. For more information on available classes, visit www.lanhs.org, call 888-895-2647 or email Counseling@lanhs.org
- The home to be purchased must be within the jurisdiction of SRAR in the San Fernando or Santa Clarita Valley.