That service is provided by the Local Boards of Realtors within the specific area you wish to live.
Here is what it takes to get those listing by a Real Estate agent and publicize them on their website for their clients to see and to search with their agent’s system.
“In this corner” – Ding! Ding!
- The Real Estate agent must be a “Licensed” Real Estate agent in the State they want to publish MLS based listings
- The real estate agent must work with a Licensed Broker
- The real estate company must be licensed with the State
- The real estate agent must be a Realtor
- The real estate agent must be a member of the National Association of Realtors
- Then the Realtor must be a member in good standing with the local (insert city name) Board of Realtors
- The Broker needs to be a member in good standing with the Local Board of Realtors
- The Broker needs to be a member of the National Association of Realtors
- The real estate company has to be in good standing within the Board of Realtors
Then – Round 2…
- The Realtor must find a compliant Internet Data Exchange System
- The Realtor then must build a website
- The Realtor then sends in forms and documents to the IDX System and the Local Board of Realtors asking permission to display the MLS based listings on their website
- It is at that time the Broker is notified to ensure the Website is company compliant
- The Board of Realtors must approve the website, the feed and the way in which the MLS based real estate listings are displayed
- This takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks to fulfill all of these steps
So – What is the point? The point is not just anyone can display the Multiple Listing Service real estate listings.
Some entire business models have been built with the “monetization” of your personal and private information in mind.
As we explain to our clients in our offices, search any site you want, just don’t give up who you are. Let me do the recon and do my investigation on every listing you find on our systems and those which are on those other real estate websites.
We have your back and are glad to be of service. I’m Connor MacIvor with REMAX of Santa Clarita, Be safe and let me know when you are ready for my help. I can be found in my REMAX offices at 25101 The Old Road, Santa Clarita CA, 91381. You are also able to reach me at 661.400.1720.