The internet is GREAT. However, the face to face, handshakes, baby hugging, and being in someone’s red zone is better. My Business cards, on their backs, are almost blank. They are also plastic. Regular pens don’t write on them. Only Sharpies Do(that is permanent ink baby!!!)
Why am I telling you this? Because that is how I network. After I get to know someone and we start to trust one another, they will usually ask me for my recommendations for various services and businesses. I have Real Estate covered – but that is a extremely small part of the conversation.
Indeed – Here are some examples of what I write on the back of my Business cards when people ask about services I recommend… (these happen to members of our SCV concierge advisory group, except for Jo’s Country Baskets – I met them in my office to help their business)
- Networking Groups and Business Marketing: http://paris911.com/SCVconcierge
- Shutters and Window Coverings: http://paris911.com/windowcoverings
- Web Design and Internet Marketing: http://paris911.com/websites
- Santa Clarita office space for Lease or Rent: http://paris911.com/officespace
- Personal Care Products: http://paris911.com/wellness
- Santa Clarita Entertainment – Disc Jockey: http://paris911.com/dj
- Making money from Shopping: http://paris911.com/Patty
- Home Staging and Decoration: http://paris911.com/staging
- Gift Baskets: http://paris911.com/Baskets
Besides being easy for me to remember when I am speaking with people – I have these “codes” written in my book, aka: my talking pad, that is always with me. So, I know who I refer business to at a moment’s notice. It also makes it easier for me to talk about their particular business on-line, because of the easy to remember link – that is built on the type of service, not company name.
I have noticed that it seems to mean more when I take the time to handwrite something on the back of a business card. I then hand it to the person that asked the question and there is always a sincere look of ‘gratitude’ on their face.
I don’t even have my cell number on my card. If someone wants my services, with regard to real estate – I hand-write my personal cell number on the card so they can get in touch with me without issues or encountering “gate keepers”.
Here are Three of the Realtor Social Networks where I also posted their business information:
It’s Connor – I have plugged your businesses on Trulia – where we are pretty active.
Be Safe and thanks for Reading – If you like the content – please hit us on Facebook and or Twitter. Gracias…
Please Comment Below with Questions, Concerns and or Comments. “I’m not shy except when the water is cold!”