Do you remember your first time? Probably never with regard to real estate, if there has not been one. I would say that you should do a few things to make your first time in real estate more memorable – and not in a Bad Way Either 🙁
- Use a local agent – This is important, because there is accountability attached with using local resources. Your offer’s will be accepted more often too!
- Beware of listing agents – We have written extensively about this topic – it is best to have your own representative that has no ties to the seller.
- Don’t fall for “first time buyer programs” – Not that they don’t exist, you just want to make sure they are the “real deal” and not an unfair attempt to get you to divulge your personal info.
- Get Pre-qualified – finding out what your payments will be at certain amounts is very important. That way you can ensure you don’t enter the world of being “mortgage poor”. You will have a lifetime to do that!
- Use Good Real Estate Search engines – Every Real Estate search engine that we have is local and self-updates several times per hour. They have not been manipulated in any way to only render certain listings.
Those are the Five Tenants of the First time home buyer. Whether you are in the Santa Clarita Valley or elsewhere – these five will keep you safe from harm. Our primary clientele all stem from Law Enforcement and Educational professions. Do you have any idea how hard it is to gain the trust and business of people in those lines of work?
I’ll tell you that no “funny business” can exist when it comes to working in those Employment Circles.
Be Safe and let us know if we can help you.