FHA approved loan condos in the Santa Clarita Valley updated September 4, 2018
I am not a real estate lender. I’m a real estate agent and I am one of those agents who act as a guide and a protector. I want my clients to make the best decisions possible, and if they are about to get into trouble I always step in.
PDF for Santa Clarita approved FHA complexes and housing updated<——click here to view the PDF for FHA loan approved condos
Castaic FHA approved housing
- COUNTRY VILLAGE PHASE 3 – 006733
- COUNTRY VILLAGE PHASES 1 & 2 – 006732
- DUPLICATE APPROVAL SEE CONDO – 004303
- MARIGOLD @ HILLCREST TRC 51774 – 006019
- MARIGOLD NORTH HOA – 008024
- STRATARA – 002091
- CASTAIC OAKS 004384
- STRATARA SOUTH 004450
Saugus CA FHA approved communities
- SECO VILLAS HOA – 00124
- VILLA METRO 004375
- MARIPOSA AT PLUM CANYON 007360
- BORDEAUX CONDOMINIUMS 007244
- BROCK CANYON VILLAS 001110
- HARTFORD @ RIVER VILLAGE
- KENSINGTON AT RIVER VILLAGE 001300
- NEW HORIZONS 007076
- ACACIA II HOA
- AVENIDA DE SONRISA – 002912
- MOUNTAIN VIEW COURTYARDS- 001156
- SECO CANYON – 003514
Newhall FHA approved communities
- FRIENDLY VILLAGE #4 – 002693
- FRIENDLY VILLAGE #5 – 002914
- FRIENDLY VILLAGE #6 – 000187
- FRIENDLY VILLAGE #6 B-C – 002936
- FRIENDLY VILLAGE COMMUNITY – 007724
- THE PEACHLAND CONDOMINIUM – 000324
- VALLE DE ORO 007883
- VISTA DEL CANON HOA 001178
- SCENIC HILLS – 000218
- FRIENDLY VILLAGE COMMUNITY – 007724
- SIERRA VILLAGE – 000824
Stevenson Ranch FHA approved communities
- PACIFIC PALISADE – 006437
- CROWN VILLAS – 007532
- DIAMOND HEAD – 004322
- PACIFIC COLONY – 002839
- THE ARTS COMMUNITY ASSOC – 003148
Valencia 1 FHA approved complexes and communities
- ARIA AT WEST CREEK – 008517
- ARROYO WEST HOA – 002805
- ARTENATI AT WEST CREEK – 007644
- ARTISAN AT WEST CREEK – 008451
- BRIDGEPORT COMMUNITY ASSO. – 002919
- CANTERBURY AT TESORO – 004363
- CLARIDAD AT WEST CREEK – 001249
- COURTHOMES COLLECTION – 003711
- CREEKSIDE COMMUNITY 004013
- CYPRESS POINT @ WESTRIDGE – 002072
- ESPERTO AT WEST CREEK – 007645
- GALLERIA AT ALTA VISTA CONDOS – 003528
- LA VENTANAS HOA – 001158
LAKE SHORE CONDOMINIUMS – 000615
- NORTH PARK VILLAGE @ VALENCIA – 002813
- SANTA FE HOMEOWNERS – 007127
- SHUTTERS – 006536
Valencia area 2 FHA approved complexes and communities
- SIENNA VILLAS – 001182
- SPINNAKER POINTE AT – 007600
- THE MADISON AT – 007812
- VILLAGE WALK CONDOMINIUMS – 007447
- WATERFORD AT BRIDGEPORT – 003520
- WESTRIDGE VALENCIA – 002073
- WOODLANDS MAINTENANCE ASSOC. – 002947
- CHEYENNE 006465
- LAS VENTANAS CONDOS 003565
- MONTE VISTA 006745
- OLD ORCHARD CONDOMINIUMS 008272
- STRATFORD COLLECTION 006056
- VALENCIA VISTA 000320
- BELLA VENTANA – 002782
- TANGO – 002559
- VISTA VALENCIA TOWNHOMES – 004615
- ANDORRA AT CREEKSIDE VALENCIA – 004628
Canyon Country FHA approved Complexes and communities
- AMERICAN BEAUTY CLASSICS – 000844
- AMERICAN BEAUTY VILLAGE – 008037
- CANYON COUNTRY – 008300
- CANYON COUNTRY CONDOMINIUMS – 00419
- PRINCESSA ESTATES – 006565
- CANYON OAKS/AMERICAN BEAUTY – 000448
- CANYON PARK CARRIAGE – 002825
- CANYON PARK VILLAGE – 004203
- CANYON VILLAGE – 007074
- HEATHER RIDGE – 008616
MINT CANYON HOMEOWNERS – 008559
- THE RANCH @ FAIR OAKS – 007845
- RAINBOW GLEN 006280
- SHANGRI-LA 001246
- TRESTLES 003163
- ALIENTO – 004540
- AMERICAN BEAUTY – 001052
- AMERICAN BEAUTY GARDENS – 000822
- AMERICAN BEAUTY MEADOWS – 000342
- MILESTONE @ GOLDEN VALLEY – 008467
- AMERICAN BEAUTY VILLAGE EAST – 004427
- AMERICAN BEAUTY VILLAGE WEST – 001113
Not all FHA lenders are created equally
FHA – this is the loan program where a person, not needing to be a first-time buyer, can buy a home, condo or townhome with only a 3.5% downpayment.
First-time buyers are the typical user of the FHA program, but the program is not limited to first-time buyers.
The FHA program for a home buyer is typically location dependent. If the area is a condominium or town-home development, there can be issues where FHA will not allow for their financing.
We observed before the 2007 real estate collapse that most every town-home and condo complex was FHA approved and had been for some time.
If a particular condo or townhome development was not FHA loan certified, they would only have to apply and provide some financial and occupancy documents to make it happen.
Then the Blessing would come and they were now FHA approved.
FHA is not a discount loan program. It’s a real thing where real people qualify for it day in and day out. The other thing that FHA offers, other than the low down payment, is the home borrower can have a lackluster credit score and higher debt to income ration. Debt to Income radio – DTI is just another fancy name for bills versus money coming in.
That is good news for home buyers in the Santa Clarita Valley Cities, however – there is also bad news.
The bad news with the FHA loan program
After the fall of the last real estate cycle, most of the condo and townhome complexes in the Santa Clarita Valley were not approved. A majority once was, but today that has switched to more and more Santa Clarita communities becoming FHA approved again.
After the Santa Clarita housing and real estate market collapsed, we observed that Home Owners Associations (HOA)’s, started not to be paid.
The typical trend is if a person is not paying their home mortgage, their homeowner’s associations’ payment is not going to be paid either.
Most homeowners that go into default only keep up their utilities so they have power, gas, and water.
Most don’t pay the HOA, nor the home insurance.
Because if this fall, the HOA’s fell insolvent and became victims in many predatory schemes involving liens by those who did not have any right to place those liens on these complexes.
The banks observed this being a bad bet for their money so they did not follow through with the FHA recertification.
That is where we are today with a majority of the FHA complexes in the Santa Clarita Valley cities being re-approved or in line for the re-approval process.
However, some are in the process, it just takes pushing and prodding of the HOA to approach the FHA overseer’s to get the complexes re-approved.
Searching for FHA approved complexes online
This is going to be a bit tricky due to the area and complex codes. The online search engine by the FHA, Federal Housing Administration, is great, but it requires some knowledge of the complex codes, in some circumstances.
We do our due diligence and publish data on this SCVnest site so that our clients and those who are going to become our clients, can see the latest additions to the FHA approved complexes.
This helps when making decisions and searching for real estate listings.
Online you, as I have, will run into websites that look very similar to the FHA site, but are lead generation in nature. They want you to give up who you are and that you are a Santa Clarita FHA home buyer. Then they will take your personal and private information and sell it to those willing to pay for it.
Don’t be misled when wanting more information with you online FHA search. If the website is saying it’s FHA but is not displaying the .gov extension, then you are not on the real FHA website.
This is where bad things happen to good real estate home buyers.
Anything that we have entered on SCVnest.com – which is Santa Clarita Valley’s most trafficked real estate website, is kept in my strict custody.
Our website, SCVnest.com is also SSL encrypted so others cannot see what you are doing, viewing and asking for more information pertaining to specific real estate inquiries.
The difference in FHA real estate lenders
I said that not all Santa Clarita FHA lenders are equal. You will find out that some banks and credit unions are unable to write FHA loans.
They won’t tell you to loudly though for they have concerns you will take your business elsewhere. Why would they care if they cannot obtain for you an FHA loan? That is because they are going to want to refer you to one of their FHA lenders.
My experience is there is no accountability to the referrer. The Credit Union or financial institution does not have any responsibility if something goes wrong.
If I refer someone to an FHA lender, you can be certain, even though I don’t do loans or lending if something goes wrong – I’m going to make it right.
I’m responsible for those whom I refer business to. I have been since our start in real estate in 1998 and am today.
When I am referring my real estate clients to an FHA lender, you can be certain that they have been vetted and are locked on for my real estate buyers benefit.
Something else that FHA loans carry with them are they have PMI – property mortgage insurance. This because the loan is structured in such a way that it does not