Sometimes the only thing a person can do is go and hire less than the best.
My dad used to say that he was too poor to buy cheap things.
I suppose that also applied to the service providers that he hired when I was young.
When wanting to hire someone that “knows”, like a financial advisor, they should be set “financially”.
When wanting to hire a real estate agent, they should have a proven record of performance pertaining to “getting the job done” better.
When looking to hire a doctor, they should be tops in their field, especially when it involves something that could equate to your death, if not handled correctly.
Discount Realtors and Discount real estate listings agents are not a dime a dozen, as you may imagine.
Most are either out of business or on their way out. It is the snake oil in their sauce that turns people off. Even those people that are wanting to get something for less than “normal” get turned off when they need a performer. They need someone that will get the job done better than anyone else in the real estate business.
They want Number one and most are willing to pay for it. Whether you are looking for someone to represent you with the selling of your home, or if you are looking for someone to represent you as a real estate buyer, discount Realtors and Listing Agents are something that could cause you more issue than you had expected.
Ask them how many homes they sell per year. Find out what types of buyers they routinely work with. Are they on a Team, are they solo, do they have a proven track record of being a Top Performer?
If I were looking to hire the BEST realtor I could find in any city, including the Santa Clarita Valley areas and Greater Los Angeles cities, I'd want the following. This pertains to whether I'm looking to hire a Discount Santa Clarita Realtor or someone that is not considered a “discount agent”. First, remember that all commission is negotiable.
- Where is The Discount Agent appearing on-line?
- How high ranked are they?
- Are they appearing where those buyers are searching for homes online?
- What types of Media are they going to impose with my real estate listing?
- How often is the media they are going to be used, refreshed on the online channels?
- How is their follower base on the Social Media Channels?
- How many Twitter Followers do they have?
- What about Facebook Friends?
- How many Google Plus Members have them in their circles?
- How “popular is their YouTube Channel”?
- Do they produce any Radio shows or Video presentations?
- What other systems do they use to sell their sellers listings?
- Pinterest, Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Slideshare, Haiku Deck, others?
Have those Discount Brokers you are interviewing, give you their score sheet. Have them give the answers to questions like these.
Paris911.com/ListingPresentation This will give you a Glimpse on how a Top Real Estate Performer in the Santa Clarita and Greater Los Angeles Areas does it, at least their “online” methods.
You will get a higher return on selecting the “right real estate agent”, versus hiring someone that looks at you like a “deer caught in the headlights” when you ask them about their “results on Social Media” via the above list.