Here are the top 5 reasons why a home buyer is not shown real estate listings:
- Non Qualified Buyer – This is a critical step when wanting to buy a home. It answers the question if you can qualify for a mortgage, what your payments will be and how much you are able to spend on a piece of the American Dream. If this step is skipped it’s like wanting to take a bath when having no water…
- Qualified home buyer without asset verification – This happens with some real estate lenders who qualify buyers over the phone. They only get preliminary verbal information and never ask for any paperwork to support those statements. In some cases, they don’t even run a buyer’s credit before throwing their pre-approval letter at the home buyer. IN order to get a “real and true” pre approval a lender must upload all verifiable documentation – tax returns, paycheck stubs – Profit and loss statements (if self employed), verification of employment, and more! In This case – It’s like taking a bath, when you have water but no soap…
- Not Divorced – This scenario comes up from time to time. When a home buyer has severed the latest relationship but where the divorce is not final. This can create issues between X’s and should be avoided at all costs. Even if you have documents from the other spouse, via top notch attorneys, which states it’s no problem. I have seen many “no problem” scenarios become “problems”. I’m not going to go there with what this is like aso to not offend 🙂
- Unverified Assets – You maybe wanting to buy a home with a suitcase of cash, that won’t be able to happen in a legit fashion. This also applies to folks who want to buy a home with money which cannot be explained to those asking.
- You have a home to sell – there comes a time in every escrow when the home buyer for that specific property is asked to remove their contingencies. After this happens, the home buyer, if they choose to cancel, will forfeit their deposit. In most cases the deposits range from $5,000 to 3% of the purchase price. Depending on the market – any offers written by the home buyer with a home to sell will not be entertained before the removal of contingencies on the home they need to sell.
After each of these tenants of why you will not be able to view real estate listings in person, is solved, I will be ready like a championship race horse at the gate awaiting the buzzer to charge forward and show you every single real estate listing for sale meeting your needs.
Before we are ready to view properties in person, there is nothing saying you cannot explore online. I would, however, explain to you to be cautious. There are a lot of real estate websites who will sell your personal information to agents willing to pay for it. That selling of your personal information does not stop there. Other vendors and service providers in the world are also able to pay for your search habits and history.
SCVnest is a secure and encrypted home search website. The only person who will see any of your personal and private information is me and my humble (but top producing) real estate team.
If you choose to embark on the viewing of open houses and to tour the new housing communities, do yourselves a favor, do not sign anything. Do not put your name down, don’t leave any trace of you visiting. In some cases, this act – no matter how innocent, will not allow you to proceed with the purchase of those particular homes using your very own Realtor.